2008-2009 Student Handbook [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
2008-2009 Student Handbook
Cancellation of Classes Policy
In the event of severe weather or other emergency, information regarding cancellation of classes at the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia will be available through the following methods:
- Radio and TV - Information will be broadcast by number on KYW Newsradio (1060 AM) and by name on WTXF Fox TV-29. The broadcast number assigned to the University is 117 for cancellation of day classes and 2117 for cancellation of evening classes.
- Visit the home page of the USP website (www.usip.edu) under News and Events
- Call KYW Newsradio at 215.224.1060 (automated)
- Call the University’s Severe Weather Hotline at 215.596.USIP (8747)
- USP Emergency Notification System - Students, faculty and staff who subscribe to this system will receive updates and campus-wide alerts about emergency situations or inclement weather conditions on users’ cell phones, PDAs, and email. For more information on this system, see Security in the student Services section of this Student Handbook.
Possible changes: As the educational process from admission through graduation requires continuing review and appropriate approval by the university, the divisions of this Handbook are to be considered directive in character. The University, therefore, reserves the right to change its rules, regulations, requirements for admission or graduation, or course offerings at any time.